Subject: 30.0.50; [BUG] edebug-defun errs on widget-default-create
From: Ruijie Yu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 14:04:33 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Trying to `edebug-defun' on `widget-default-create' produces an error.

This is reproducible in today's master (see below for config) as well as
28.2 tag (same config options).

Reproducer:

    ;; -nw or not makes no difference
    $ src/emacs -Q -nw -l lisp/wid-edit.el{,}

    ;; line 1640
    C-s defun widget-default-create RET
    C-u C-M-x

Full backtrace as shown on the error is attached.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.37, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-05-11 built on fw.net.yu
Repository revision: e4c8ba6c0589f1ba0ba9993c4f1e9c0821d3ca6c
Repository branch: master
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --sysconfdir=/etc --prefix=/usr --localstatedir=/var
 --with-cairo --with-harfbuzz --with-libsystemd --with-modules
 --with-pgtk --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

-- 
Best,

RY