Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Fix libstdc++.so and gcc-toolchain
From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 18:58:59 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

This patch fixes #63267 [1] by adding the output 'lib' to gcc-toolchain.  The
aim of gcc-toolchain is to be a battery included of GCC.  Maybe, this 'lib'
output could be directly included with the 'out'.  Well, I do not know.  WDYT?

For sure, it seems to help people using 'gcc:lib'. :-)

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ ./pre-inst-env guix shell gcc-toolchain:lib

[...]

$ ls $GUIX_ENVIRONMENT/lib
audit                 libatomic.a             libc.so.6         libitm.so.1.0.0     libnss_files.so.2     libssp_nonshared.a          libtsan_preinit.o
bfd-plugins           libatomic.la            libctf.a          libitm.spec         libnss_hesiod.so      libssp_nonshared.la         libtsan.so
crt1.o                libatomic.so            libctf.la         liblsan.a           libnss_hesiod.so.2    libssp.so                   libtsan.so.2
crti.o                libatomic.so.1          libctf-nobfd.a    liblsan.la          libopcodes.a          libssp.so.0                 libtsan.so.2.0.0
crtn.o                libatomic.so.1.2.0      libctf-nobfd.la   liblsan_preinit.o   libopcodes.la         libssp.so.0.0.0             libubsan.a
gcc                   libbfd.a                libdl.a           liblsan.so          libpcprofile.so       libstdc++.a                 libubsan.la
gconv                 libbfd.la               libdl.so.2        liblsan.so.0        libpthread.a          libstdc++fs.a               libubsan.so
gcrt1.o               libBrokenLocale.so      libgcc_s.so       liblsan.so.0.0.0    libpthread.so.0       libstdc++fs.la              libubsan.so.1
grcrt1.o              libBrokenLocale.so.1    libgcc_s.so.1     libmemusage.so      libquadmath.a         libstdc++.la                libubsan.so.1.0.0
ld-linux-x86-64.so.2  libcc1.la               libgomp.a         libm.so             libquadmath.la        libstdc++.so                libutil.a
libanl.a              libcc1.so               libgomp.la        libm.so.6           libquadmath.so        libstdc++.so.6              libutil.so.1
libanl.so             libcc1.so.0             libgomp.so        libmvec.so          libquadmath.so.0      libstdc++.so.6.0.30         Mcrt1.o
libanl.so.1           libcc1.so.0.0.0         libgomp.so.1      libmvec.so.1        libquadmath.so.0.0.0  libstdc++.so.6.0.30-gdb.py  rcrt1.o
libasan.a             libc_malloc_debug.so    libgomp.so.1.0.0  libnsl.so.1         libresolv.so          libsupc++.a                 Scrt1.o
libasan.la            libc_malloc_debug.so.0  libgomp.spec      libnss_compat.so    libresolv.so.2        libsupc++.la
libasan_preinit.o     libc_nonshared.a        libitm.a          libnss_compat.so.2  librt.so.1            libthread_db.so
libasan.so            libcrypt.so             libitm.la         libnss_db.so        libsanitizer.spec     libthread_db.so.1
libasan.so.8          libcrypt.so.1           libitm.so         libnss_db.so.2      libssp.a              libtsan.a
libasan.so.8.0.0      libc.so                 libitm.so.1       libnss_dns.so.2     libssp.la             libtsan.la
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Well, another annoyance is that libstdc++ could be built using another
version.  Let for later. :-)

1: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/63267

Cheers,
simon

Simon Tournier (2):
  gnu: gcc-toolchain: Do not use gcc-final.
  gnu: make-gcc-toolchain: Add 'lib' outputs.

 gnu/packages/commencement.scm | 35 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------
 1 file changed, 27 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)

base-commit: 76a3deb8675576a6ce64874234c9d3881060db3b
-- 
2.38.1