Subject: Re: Broken pipe? (and deprecated latex-packages)
From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: cschumac <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2024 15:25:23 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

> guix tells me to send you the COMPLETE output, see below.

This looks like a transient network failure. Considering the bug report
is very old, I assume you found it by yourself. :)

> I also want to ask about the warnings on deprecated packages.
> I didn't install the packages by hand, they came with the package 
> texlive -- or so I assume.

Guix provides two TeX Live flavors: one (`texlive') is monolithic, and
all other "texlive-*" packages make up for the modular flavor. The
deprecated packages are modular; they didn't come with the "texlive"
package.

> Will guix eventually switch me to the new (renamed?) versions 
> automatically?

Yes, if the packages were propagated somehow, they will be updated after
a (successful) "guix pull". OTOH, if you installed explicitly those in
your profile, you will need to switch to the new names.

Sorry for the late (ahem!) answer!

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou