Subject: Openldap in core-updates
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 13:59:55 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Am Sun, Apr 16, 2023 at 01:09:02PM +0200 schrieb Andreas Enge:
> A single package holds up a lot (gtk+ and so on): openldap.

It was pointed out to me on IRC that there are already two fixes available
on our issue tracker! I applied one of them and also removed the additional
phase as suggested there.

In a separate commit, I also updated to 2.6.4 and removed the non-hidden
openldap-for-linphone variable, which had the confusing effect that the
command line would refer to this package (so "guix refresh -l openldap"
showed almost no dependents, for instance).

If any of these pose problems, we should selectively revert part of the
commits; but I am rather optimistic, as both versions create a library
with the same soname.

Thanks to all involved!

Andreas