Subject: 29.0.60; random crash in pgtk_set_name_internal
From: Xinyang Chen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 15:00:10 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Is this a gtk bug? In any case, will report again when I catch this in gdb.

=================================================================
==336808==ERROR: AddressSanitizer: SEGV on unknown address 0x0000043041d8
(pc 0x7f9adb5d60d4 bp 0x563665447a60 sp 0x7ffc054a5b10 T0)
==336808==The signal is caused by a READ memory access.
    #0 0x7f9adb5d60d4  (/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0+0x310d4)
    #1 0x7f9adb5d7613 in g_signal_emit_valist
(/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0+0x32613)
    #2 0x7f9adb5d7862 in g_signal_emit
(/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0+0x32862)
    #3 0x7f9adb5c4423  (/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0+0x1f423)
    #4 0x7f9adb5c81f9 in g_object_notify_by_pspec
(/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0+0x231f9)
    #5 0x5636621a04b3 in pgtk_set_name_internal
../../emacs_src/src/pgtkfns.c:314
    #6 0x563661fc73aa in gui_consider_frame_title
../../emacs_src/src/xdisp.c:13456
    #7 0x563661fcbc48 in prepare_menu_bars ../../emacs_src/src/xdisp.c:13548
    #8 0x563661fcbc48 in redisplay_internal
../../emacs_src/src/xdisp.c:16468
    #9 0x563662071259 in read_char ../../emacs_src/src/keyboard.c:2627
    #10 0x563662073877 in read_key_sequence
../../emacs_src/src/keyboard.c:10074
    #11 0x5636620754df in command_loop_1 ../../emacs_src/src/keyboard.c:1375
    #12 0x5636620f1386 in internal_condition_case
../../emacs_src/src/eval.c:1474
    #13 0x563662060a99 in command_loop_2 ../../emacs_src/src/keyboard.c:1124
    #14 0x5636620f12c8 in internal_catch ../../emacs_src/src/eval.c:1197
    #15 0x5636620609eb in command_loop ../../emacs_src/src/keyboard.c:1094
    #16 0x563662067f17 in recursive_edit_1
../../emacs_src/src/keyboard.c:711
    #17 0x56366209c20a in read_minibuf ../../emacs_src/src/minibuf.c:905
    #18 0x56366209c20a in Fread_from_minibuffer
../../emacs_src/src/minibuf.c:1373
    #19 0x7f9ad28a1d2c in
F636f6d706c6574696e672d726561642d64656661756c74_completing_read_default_0
(/usr/local/bin/../lib/emacs/29.0.60/native-lisp/29.0.60-7ee12e2a/preloaded/minibuffer-1b0f548b-a7624858.eln+0x21d2c)
    #20 0x5636620f60c1 in funcall_subr ../../emacs_src/src/eval.c:3049
    #21 0x5636620f2d86 in Ffuncall ../../emacs_src/src/eval.c:2995
    #22 0x5636620f300f in Fapply ../../emacs_src/src/eval.c:2666
    #23 0x56366213bbc6 in exec_byte_code ../../emacs_src/src/bytecode.c:809
    #24 0x5636620f2d86 in Ffuncall ../../emacs_src/src/eval.c:2995
    #25 0x5636620f300f in Fapply ../../emacs_src/src/eval.c:2666
    #26 0x56366213bbc6 in exec_byte_code ../../emacs_src/src/bytecode.c:809
    #27 0x5636620f2d86 in Ffuncall ../../emacs_src/src/eval.c:2995
    #28 0x56366209802a in Fcompleting_read
../../emacs_src/src/minibuf.c:2047
    #29 0x5636620f60c1 in funcall_subr ../../emacs_src/src/eval.c:3049
    #30 0x5636620f2d86 in Ffuncall ../../emacs_src/src/eval.c:2995
    #31 0x7f9aaacbf296 in
F616e6f6e796d6f75732d6c616d626461_anonymous_lambda_0
(/home/alan/.emacs.d/eln-cache/29.0.60-7ee12e2a/subr--trampoline-636f6d706c6574696e672d72656164_completing_read_0.eln+0x1296)
    #32 0x7f9aaa9a6a83 in
F68656c702d666e732d2d64657363726962652d66756e6374696f6e2d6f722d636f6d6d616e642d70726f6d7074_help_fns__describe_function_or_command_prompt_0
(/home/alan/.emacs.d/eln-cache/29.0.60-7ee12e2a/help-fns-d233c6e8-412c507d.eln+0x6a83)
    #33 0x5636620f6d05 in eval_sub ../../emacs_src/src/eval.c:2498
    #34 0x5636620f95ca in Feval ../../emacs_src/src/eval.c:2361
    #35 0x5636620f0197 in Fcall_interactively
../../emacs_src/src/callint.c:323
    #36 0x7f9ad2cfed0c in F636f6d6d616e642d65786563757465_command_execute_0
(/usr/local/bin/../lib/emacs/29.0.60/native-lisp/29.0.60-7ee12e2a/preloaded/simple-fab5b0cf-859e395b.eln+0x1fd0c)
    #37 0x5636620f2d86 in Ffuncall ../../emacs_src/src/eval.c:2995
    #38 0x56366207571f in call1 ../../emacs_src/src/lisp.h:3247
    #39 0x56366207571f in command_loop_1 ../../emacs_src/src/keyboard.c:1494
    #40 0x5636620f1386 in internal_condition_case
../../emacs_src/src/eval.c:1474
    #41 0x563662060a99 in command_loop_2 ../../emacs_src/src/keyboard.c:1124
    #42 0x5636620f12c8 in internal_catch ../../emacs_src/src/eval.c:1197
    #43 0x563662060a35 in command_loop ../../emacs_src/src/keyboard.c:1102
    #44 0x563662067f17 in recursive_edit_1
../../emacs_src/src/keyboard.c:711
    #45 0x5636620682bf in Frecursive_edit ../../emacs_src/src/keyboard.c:794
    #46 0x563661f787fc in main ../../emacs_src/src/emacs.c:2529
    #47 0x7f9ad77bfd8f in __libc_start_call_main
../sysdeps/nptl/libc_start_call_main.h:58
    #48 0x7f9ad77bfe3f in __libc_start_main_impl ../csu/libc-start.c:392
    #49 0x563661f78d44 in _start (/usr/local/bin/emacs-29.0.60+0x56d44)

AddressSanitizer can not provide additional info.
SUMMARY: AddressSanitizer: SEGV
(/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0+0x310d4)
==336808==ABORTING

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-03-25 built on DESKTOP-NV274K6
Repository revision: 34c14430e9d070ffc98527fc95677dd5c5758536
Repository branch: emacs-29
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --with-json --with-pgtk
 --with-mailutils --with-imagemagick'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS
TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

- Alan