Subject: Tramp attempts to remove lock file with 'remote-file-name-inhibit-locks t
From: Yuri D'Elia <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2023 15:28:21 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I have the following configuration to reduce remote latency while
saving, where the interesting tidbit is 'remote-file-name-inhibit-locks:

(setq tramp-ssh-controlmaster-options "-o ControlMaster=auto"
      remote-file-name-inhibit-cache 300
      remote-file-name-inhibit-locks t)

While editing a remote file via /scp:remote:test.txt I see the following
warning pop up:

Warning (unlock-file): Cannot remove lock file for /scp:remote:test.txt, ignored

because the lock file hasn't been created in the first place. I guess we
shouldn't attempt to unlock if there was no lock to begin with.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars) of 2023-04-01 built on t14g2
Repository revision: 4bd1fc59664273c571aba8543940768c68eb336b
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101007
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-native-compilation
 --with-tree-sitter --without-gsettings 'CFLAGS=-O3 -flto -march=native
 -pipe ' 'LDFLAGS=-fuse-ld=mold -flto''