Subject: [PATCH] Preserve peer information for web page in eww-readable
From: Eshel Yaron <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 21:55:09 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tags: patch

Hello,

Here's a small patch that addresses a slight annoyance in EWW.

Cheers,
Eshel

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-apple-darwin22.4.0, NS
 appkit-2299.50 Version 13.3 (Build 22E252)) of 2023-03-31 built on
 esmac.lan
Repository revision: 73a320801e9af61a48fd0e803afcd02b059b2338
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2299
System Description:  macOS 13.3

Configured using:
 'configure CFLAGS=-O3 --with-native-compilation --with-json
 --with-tree-sitter'

From ce54c22d01f9b84b4632adb7e294d7e883f33b81 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Eshel Yaron <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 17:54:12 +0300
Subject: [PATCH] Preserve peer information for web page in eww-readable

The :peer property in eww-data affects the face of the page title in
header-line-format as set by eww-update-header-line-format.
Preserving this property in eww-readable avoids having the header
line's appearance change when this command is called.

* lisp/net/eww.el (eww-readable): Preserve eww-data's :peer property.
---
 lisp/net/eww.el | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/net/eww.el b/lisp/net/eww.el
index 1b42ef4e919..a1dd186915e 100644
--- a/lisp/net/eww.el
+++ b/lisp/net/eww.el
@@ -1014,7 +1014,7 @@ eww-readable
                       (list 'base (list (cons 'href base))
                             (eww-highest-readability dom))
 		      nil (current-buffer))
-    (dolist (elem '(:source :url :title :next :previous :up))
+    (dolist (elem '(:source :url :title :next :previous :up :peer))
       (plist-put eww-data elem (plist-get old-data elem)))
     (eww--after-page-change)))
 
-- 
2.40.0