Subject: For network-manager-applet's nm-connection-editor, libnma needs to be installed
From: "P. p. phalantha" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 18:19:12 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi all,

I was trying to add a WPA/WPA2 Enterprise (PEAP w/ CA cert) network via
nm-connection-editor. However, each time I finished the form and clicked
"Save," nm-connection-editor would crash and the network would consequently
not be saved.

Invoking nm-connection-editor from the command line and repeating these
steps gave the informative error message:

```
(nm-connection-editor:1751): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: 02:02:58.502: Settings
schema 'org.gnome.nm-applet.eap' is not installed
Trace/breakpoint trap
```

I found a fix via the installation of libnma, thanks to a 2012 thread on
LinuxQuestions.org:
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/network-manager-applet-1-16-0-i586-1-package-is-missing-%27org-gnome-nm-applet%27-schema-4175670946/.
After the installation of libnma I was able to successfully add the network.

I understand libnma is already a dependency of nm-connection-editor. I do
not know enough to say why it has to be additionally installed separately,
but I hope someone else does. The steps to reproduce is in the first
paragraph above.

Best regards,
Ning