Subject: 30.0.50; "case" does not work as dedenter in Python
From: kobarity <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Lele Gaifax <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 14:33:14 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

New keywords "match" and "case" were added to block-start in
`python-rx', which enables basic indentation support for these
keywords.  However, "case" does not work as a dedenter.  For example,
try the following code.

#+begin_src python
match a:
    case 1:
        print(1)
        case 2:
#+end_src

At the "case 2:" line, inputting ":" does not dedent the line.
Several TAB keys are needed for correct indentation.

Attached is a patch to make "case" a dedenter with an ERT.

--
In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars) of 2023-03-10 built on ubuntu
Repository revision: 8ee205d232574e12921b052c7e93b7e16d6f1187
Repository branch: master
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG SECCOMP SOUND
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER X11 XDBE XIM XPM
LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Python

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils python json
subr-x map rx project pcase treesit cl-seq comint ansi-osc ring
cl-loaddefs cl-lib ansi-color term/screen term/xterm xterm byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 60054 7620)
 (symbols 48 7362 0)
 (strings 32 20143 1278)
 (string-bytes 1 593570)
 (vectors 16 11583)
 (vector-slots 8 139242 9455)
 (floats 8 30 11543)
 (intervals 56 239 0)
 (buffers 984 12))