Subject: edit-kbd-macro: Wrong type argument: characterp, 134217785
From: Eduardo Ochs <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 02:31:25 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi all, I found a keyboard macro on which edit-kbd-macro fails with
this error:

  edit-kbd-macro: Wrong type argument: characterp, 134217785

To reproduce the error run any of these two setqs - they should be
equivalent -

  (setq last-kbd-macro [134217847 134217785 134217785 134217834 5 32
    25 1 67108896 down 134217847 134217777 134217834 return 25
    134217803 134217803])

  (setq last-kbd-macro (kbd "M-w M-99 M-j C-e SPC C-y C-a C-SPC <down>
    M-w M-1 M-j RET C-y 2*M-K"))

and then run `M-x edit-kbd-macro C-x e'.

The error happens in this version of Emacs,

  GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-02-20

but not in an Emacs28. Here's the output of uname -a:

  Linux scylla 5.10.0-21-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.162-1 (2023-01-21)
  x86_64 GNU/Linux

Cheers,
  Eduardo Ochs
  http://anggtwu.net/#eev