Subject: Re: bug#6138: mv while maintaining relative symbolic links
From: Bob Proulx <[email-masked]>
To: Peng Yu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 17:44:37 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Peng Yu wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Is there any new information on this issue?  Have you made any
> > progress on your own solution?
> 
> No. I don't find any tool either.

I think it is unlikely (I haven't read any enthusiasm for it from the
group) for adding this type of functionality to mv.  I think it might
be possible to implement but if so then it should be in a different
standalone program.  It wouldn't be trivial.  It would be complicated
enough that if written it might only work acceptably for three people
in the universe.  So I don't know.

I am therefore inclined to mark this bug ticket closed in the bug
tracking system.  That doesn't mean an end to discussion on the
mailing list.  Please feel free to follow up.  The bug tracker will
keep track of the discussion and the issue can be awakened if needed.

Bob