Subject: 28.2; No visible candidates after toggle icomplete-vertical-mode
From: Fernando de Morais <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2023 22:51:50 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

To reproduce, which is possible with 'emacs -Q', please:

1. Evaluate the following snippet:

  (progn
    (with-eval-after-load 'icomplete
      (define-key icomplete-minibuffer-map (kbd "C-v") #'icomplete-vertical-mode)
      (customize-set-variable 'icomplete-show-matches-on-no-input t))
    (icomplete-mode))

2. C-x C-f
3. C-v (to toggle `icomplete-vertical-mode' while still in the minibuffer).

Results in:

  - Only the first candidate can be seen in the vertical list.

Completion works as expected.  Quitting and starting a new command, with
`icomplete-vertical-mode' still enabled, displays the completion
candidates correctly.

In GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.36, cairo version 1.17.6)
 of 2023-01-02 built on 2
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101006
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-native-compilation
 --sysconfdir=/etc --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-cairo --with-harfbuzz --with-libsystemd
 --with-modules 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt
 -fexceptions -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection -g
 -ffile-prefix-map=/build/emacs/src=/usr/src/debug/emacs -flto=auto'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now -flto=auto''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: pt_BR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: pt_BR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  goto-address-prog-mode: t
  hl-line-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minions-mode: t
  movemail-auto-fetch-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  temp-buffer-resize-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow footnote emacsbug sendmail modus-vivendi-theme flow-fill qp
smiley gnus-cite mm-archive mail-extr gnus-bcklg embark-org
embark-consult embark sort gnus-ml disp-table nnmaildir nnagent nnml
nnnil nnrss gnus-topic mairix gnus-dup gnus-draft nndraft nnmh
gnus-demon gnus-async gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache flyspell-correct comp comp-cstr etags
fileloop pulse color view vc-svn misearch multi-isearch vc denote xref
diff shortdoc cl-print help-fns radix-tree org-agenda org-refile
consult-org conf-mode vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher org-eldoc
org-indent image-file image-converter gnutls network-stream url-http
url-gw nsm url-cache url-auth ol-eww eww-lnum eww xdg url-queue mm-url
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search eieio-opt
speedbar ezimage dframe gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime
dig gnus-sum shr-tag-pre-highlight language-detection shr kinsoku svg
dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mail-utils ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif
ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi ob-octave org-superstar
org-element avl-tree generator org-contrib org ob ob-tangle ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex
iso8601 ol org-keys oc org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs find-func
holidays hol-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs rx
consult-icomplete consult bookmark cape-keyword cape mule-util shell
pcmpl-args pcmpl-gnu pcmpl-linux pcmpl-unix pcomplete corfu time-date
checkdoc lisp-mnt mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr dired-x dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs flymake-proc flymake
project compile text-property-search exec-path-from-shell comint
ansi-color ring warnings display-line-numbers epa-file epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config cl-extra flyspell ispell goto-addr hl-line hideshow
yasnippet help-mode rainbow-delimiters recentf tree-widget cus-start
savehist server minions easy-mmode let-alist ibuf-macs marginalia
icomplete minibuf-eldef mb-depth orderless time so-long edmacro kmacro
elec-pair delsel format-spec battery dbus xml auth-source-pass
modus-operandi-theme modus-themes pcase ffap thingatpt no-littering
compat compat-29 gcmh system-packages tex-site info package browse-url
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cus-edit pp
cus-load wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 895084 241351)
 (symbols 48 39621 5)
 (strings 32 192171 41972)
 (string-bytes 1 7515981)
 (vectors 16 265054)
 (vector-slots 8 2938182 234395)
 (floats 8 91443 671)
 (intervals 56 30649 1250)
 (buffers 992 47))

-- 
Regards,
Fernando de Morais.