Subject: Update diffoscope to 232
From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 17:31:55 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Working on updating diffoscope to 232.

Mostly routine changes. Notable differences are:

* Needed a newer version of python-pypdf, as the python-pypdf2 included
  in guix is too old, referred to as PyPDF2 1.x, newer versions include
  PyPDF2 2.x or PyPdf2 3.x... It is also not PyPDF 1.x or PyPDF 2.x,
  which are very old, and I am not sure where PyPDF3 or PyPDF4 fit in,
  but they exist and one is even packaged in guix... For clarity, and I
  try to say this without laughing, this new package is based on the
  very recently released PyPDF 3.2.1.

* Added lzip to native-inputs and upsteam code

* Dropped mono from upstream code

The upstream diffoscope changes were pushed to git upstream, so can
eventually be dropped once diffoscope 233+ is eventually released.

I have less hope for soring out the pypdf versioning madness.

live well,
  vagrant