Subject: [PATCH 0/8] Add datasette and python-sqlite-utils.
From: Felix Gruber <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Felix Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 21:47:53 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This patchset adds new packages for the database exploration and
manipulation tools datasette and sqlite-utils, as well as some missing
dependencies of those two packages.

Since datasette and sqlite-utils do not contain any tests in their pypi
source archives, I've tested both on the global power plant database,
which can be downloaded as CSV file from
https://datasets.wri.org/dataset/globalpowerplantdatabase

First, I tested sqlite-utils by converting the power plants CSV file
to a sqlite database, using

  sqlite-utils insert powerplants.db powerplants \
    global_power_plant_database.csv --csv

Then I used datasette to explore the newly created database with

  datasette serve powerplants.db -o

(Note the -o option to automatically open the datasette instance in
your webbrowser.)

So far everything seems to work.

Felix Gruber (8):
  gnu: Add python-click-default-group-wheel.
  gnu: Add python-sqlite-fts4.
  gnu: Add python-sqlite-utils.
  gnu: python-janus: Update to 1.0.0.
  gnu: Add python-pluggy-next.
  gnu: Add python-asgi-lifespan.
  gnu: Add python-asgi-csrf.
  gnu: Add datasette.

 gnu/packages/databases.scm  | 104 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/python-web.scm |  50 ++++++++++++++++-
 gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm |  45 ++++++++++++++--
 3 files changed, 195 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

-- 
2.38.1