From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 11:13:22 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Open an empty Dockerfile, in this case /tmp/Dockerfile to forget it
on the next boot:

emacs -Q /tmp/Dockerfile

I get the following warning:

Warning (treesit): Cannot activate tree-sitter, because tree-sitter
library is not compiled with Emacs

which says nothing new to me, because I know that I'm not using
tree-sitter because I didn't compile it into Emacs, and is annoying,
because it make me kill a buffer to get my emacs window and start
editing.

IMHO, this should *not* appear if the package producer (in this case
yours truthfully) chooses not to include tree-sitter support for
whatever reason(s).

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-01-16 built on 69de8ef99901
Repository revision: 3d1e74c82a84d9b2c5ad45a377512b5ee83b8d47
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101003
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --program-suffix=29 --with-json --with-x
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-cairo --with-compress-install
 --with-modules=yes --with-threads --with-included-regex --with-zlib
 --without-tree-sitter --with-native-compilation 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -ffile-prefix-map=/home/paag/emacs=. -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects
 -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects
 -flto=auto -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dockerfile

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils comp comp-cstr
subr-x rx cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode bytecomp byte-compile warnings
icons dockerfile-ts-mode treesit cl-seq cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 79394 8784)
 (symbols 48 7358 0)
 (strings 32 20314 1758)
 (string-bytes 1 600927)
 (vectors 16 16030)
 (vector-slots 8 328406 12364)
 (floats 8 35 42)
 (intervals 56 248 0)
 (buffers 976 13))

-- 
Fragen sind nicht da um beantwortet zu werden,
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run
a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet