Subject: 29.0.60; Fido Mode and Tramp Completion
From: Julien Roy <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2023 14:37:31 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When I C-x C-f and start typing a TRAMP session to an SSH host, for instance
`/ssh:`, then hit <tab>, I see a list of known hosts proposed for
completion. This is the expected behavior. If I then enable fido-mode
and do the same, instead of having known hosts proposed when hitting
<tab>, I only get a list of TRAMP methods for completion, eg. `ssh:`,
`sshx:` and `sshfs:`. I would expect to also have known hosts on
fido-mode.

To reproduce, open emacs -Q; then:
C-x C-f /ssh: <tab>
(This produces the expected behavior of proposing known hosts)
M-x fido-mode
C-x C-f /ssh: <tab>
(Now, only TRAMP methods are proposed for completion)

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.35, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2022-12-27 built on localhost
Repository revision: ba1ddea9dabf51c9c6e463d667bcce0b48294453
Repository branch: emacs-29
System Description: Gentoo Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --datarootdir=/usr/share
 --disable-silent-rules --docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-29.0.9999-r1
 --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-29.0.9999-r1/html --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --program-suffix=-emacs-29-vcs --includedir=/usr/include/emacs-29-vcs
 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-29-vcs --localstatedir=/var
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-compress-install --without-hesiod --without-pop
 --with-file-notification=inotify --with-pdumper --enable-acl
 --with-dbus --with-modules --without-gameuser --with-libgmp --with-gpm
 --with-native-compilation=aot --without-json --without-kerberos
 --without-kerberos5 --with-lcms2 --with-xml2 --without-mailutils
 --without-selinux --without-sqlite3 --with-gnutls --without-libsystemd
 --with-threads --with-tree-sitter --without-wide-int --with-sound=alsa
 --with-zlib --with-pgtk --without-x --without-ns
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars --without-gconf --with-gsettings
 --with-harfbuzz --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --without-xwidgets
 --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-webp
 --without-imagemagick --with-dumping=pdumper 'CFLAGS=-march=znver2 -O2
 -pipe' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  flyspell-mode: t
  org-indent-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  fido-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake/cmake-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/desktop-entry-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/desktop-file-utils/desktop-entry-mode

Features:
(shadow emacsbug flyspell ispell org-indent org-element org-persist
org-id org-refile avl-tree generator oc-basic ol-eww eww xdg url-queue
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview doc-view
filenotify jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m
ol-doi org-link-doi org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote
org-faces org-entities noutline outline ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs
find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs
ebuild-mode skeleton sh-script smie treesit executable bookmark
gnus-notifications gnus-fun notifications mule-util sort gnus-cite
smiley qp mm-archive mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping
ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml
disp-table gnus-topic nndraft nnmh nnrss mm-url nnfolder utf-7 epa-file
network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig
gnus-cache gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom comp
comp-cstr server display-line-numbers cl-extra checkdoc lisp-mnt
help-mode flymake-proc flymake project compile warnings thingatpt init
init-mentor init-flyspell init-flymake help-at-pt init-tramp init-modus
modus-vivendi-theme modus-themes pcase init-fido icomplete init-gnus
smtpmail gnus-demon nntp gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus
xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 gnus-spec gnus-win nnoo
gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader gnus nnheader gnus-util text-property-search mail-utils range
mm-util mail-prsvr init-org init-ui pixel-scroll cua-base dired
dired-loaddefs elec-pair delsel hl-line init-packages lxd-tramp tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration cus-edit pp cus-load icons
wid-edit files-x tramp-compat rx shell pcomplete comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp format-spec
use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core site-gentoo
mentor-autoloads xml-rpc-autoloads async-autoloads
org-contacts-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads url-scgi-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win
pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 689456 32101)
 (symbols 48 30811 5)
 (strings 32 167646 8527)
 (string-bytes 1 23679638)
 (vectors 16 82271)
 (vector-slots 8 2107107 230233)
 (floats 8 487 403)
 (intervals 56 2195 393)
 (buffers 984 27))
<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

-- 
Julien