Subject: [PATCH] Correct wrong info in (info)Go to node
From: Benjamin Carlsson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 12:27:53 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

From 76c73b52b4441e12cf7fd428666704f5d2b0fa28 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: glacials <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 12:09:08 -0800
Subject: [PATCH] Correct wrong info in (info)Go to node

The node (info)Go to node in the Info manual states that `g` does not
allow the use of abbreviations, however it does. To test this, type `gt`
from this node and see that it takes you to (info)Top, then type
`ggo<RET>` and see that it takes you back to (info)Go to node. Tested on
emacs 28.2.

I'm not sure of the history here, but this behavior seems better than
not allowing abbreviations, so I opted to correct the documentation
rather than the behavior.
---
 doc/misc/info.texi | 5 ++---
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/misc/info.texi b/doc/misc/info.texi
index 4db35ebf0f..5b1fae8f96 100644
--- a/doc/misc/info.texi
+++ b/doc/misc/info.texi
@@ -1098,9 +1098,8 @@ name, and @key{RET}.  Thus, @kbd{gTop@key{RET}} would go to the node
 called @samp{Top} in this file.  (This is equivalent to @kbd{t}, see
 @ref{Help-Int}.)  @kbd{gGo to node@key{RET}} would come back here.
 
-  Unlike @kbd{m}, @kbd{g} does not allow the use of abbreviations.
-But it does allow completion, so you can type @key{TAB} to complete a
-partial node name.
+  Like @kbd{m}, @kbd{g} allows the use of abbreviations. It also allows
+completion, so you can type @key{TAB} to complete a partial node name.
 
 @cindex go to another Info file
   To go to a node in another file, you can include the file name in the
-- 
2.38.2