Subject: 28.2; Doc string of `previous-history-element'
From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 21:05:31 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The doc string says this:

  Puts previous element of the minibuffer history in the minibuffer.
  With argument N, it uses the Nth previous element.

That second line makes it sound like arg N is optional.  It's not -
there is no _without_ argument N.

In GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2022-09-13 built on AVALON
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19044
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19044.2251)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-dbus --with-native-compilation
 --without-compress-install CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
XPM ZLIB

(NATIVE_COMP present but libgccjit not available)