Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: go-gopkg-in-yaml-v3: update after hash mismatch
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 11:51:42 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Gleb,

Thanks for this fix!  I've applied it with suitable delay to the 
master branch.

I added a GNU ‘Change Log’ line to follow our standards[1]. 
Trivial in this case but always required:

  * gnu/packages/golang.scm (go-gopkg-in-yaml-v3): Update to 
  3.0.1.

Don't mix unrelated changes: ‘guix style’ turned this 
trivially-audited patch:

  -(version "3")
  +(version "3.0.1")
  -(base32 "foo")
  +(base32 "bar")

into a 20-line diff :-)

Unfortunately, such changes are not considered copyrightable by 
current standards.

I disagreed with ‘guix style's’ mangling of the source field, so I 
just dropped it entirely.

Thanks again!

T G-R

[1]: 
https://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/devel/en/html_node/Submitting-Patches.html#Submitting-Patches