Subject: Re: bug#5949: trying to install Unity on a compaq 64 bit PC and the install icon does not respond
From: Bob Proulx <[email-masked]>
To: Dog Gone <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 20:02:41 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dog Gone wrote:
> When I click the install icon it just changes color but does not make
> any attempt to install. Is there a secret code required to install?
> Rick

You have reached the GNU Coreutils mailing list.  The GNU Coreutils
are the basic file, shell and text manipulation utilities of the GNU
Operating System.  You can learn more about GNU Coreutils here:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/

The GNU Coreutils are part of the GNU Operating System.  You can learn
more about the GNU Project here:

  http://www.gnu.org/

But you are asking about Unity.  Whatever that is.  I am sorry but
this is the wrong mailing list.  We don't know anything about it.  We
are unable to help you here.  I am sure you found this list by typing
in 'install --help' but that directs you for help with the 'install'
program and not the 'Unity' program.  The 'install' program is a 40
year old Unix utility.  In order to get further assistance on you will
need to locate a support list for the software you are trying to
install.  I would try looking for a README file or other such
direction.

Bob