Subject: BUG: &invalid-base32-character (./guix/base32.scm:296:65: ERROR)
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 12:51:11 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi, 

please see below

$ guix pull
Updating channel 'guix-science' from Git repository at '
https://github.com/guix-science/guix-science.git'...
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at '
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to b551026 (2 new
commits)...
Building from these channels:
   guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git	b551026
   guix-sciencehttps://github.com/guix-science/guix-science.git	5993cb7
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
building /gnu/store/1xjznjl5gfzlylb4sx4h2scvczr9jxkp-module-
import.drv...
 .
 
building /gnu/store/cs51n9lmsrjy8n1hqln11qhhqaw5ivw9-compute-guix-
derivation.drv...
Backtrace:
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   222:17 19 (map1 (#<syntax ((#<syntax lambda> (#<syntax x>) #<syntax
x>) #<syntax (origin (method git-fetch) (uri?>))
In ice-9/psyntax.scm:
  1479:23 18 (_ _ _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   222:17 17 (map1 (#<syntax (origin (method git-fetch) (uri (git-
reference (url "https://gitlab.com/mothacehe/guil?>;;))
In ice-9/psyntax.scm:
  2356:44 16 (expand-let _ _ (()) #f (hygiene gnu packages guile-xyz)
#<procedure build-let (src ids vars val-exps ?> ?)
  1620:31 15 (parse _ _ _ () () () _ _)
  2356:44 14 (expand-let _ _ (() #(ribcage () () ()) #(ribcage
#(method) #((top)) #("l-57d92629c77107c-317a"))) #f # ?)
  1620:31 13 (parse _ _ _ () () () _ _)
  2356:44 12 (expand-let _ _ (() #(ribcage () () ()) #(ribcage #(uri)
#((top)) #("l-57d92629c77107c-317e")) #(# ?) ?) ?)
  1620:31 11 (parse _ _ _ () () () _ _)
  2355:44 10 (expand-let (#<syntax:psyntax.scm:3122:18 let>
((#<syntax:packages.scm:335:15 hash> #<syntax ((#?>)) #) ?)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   222:17  9 (map1 (#<syntax ((#<syntax lambda> (#<syntax x>) #<syntax
x>) #<syntax (#<syntax:packages.scm:335:21 c?>))
In ice-9/psyntax.scm:
  1479:23  8 (_ _ _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   222:17  7 (map1 (#<syntax (#<syntax:packages.scm:335:21 content-
hash> #<syntax (base32 "8a9913843170dc7e46bbb1c9?>))
In ice-9/psyntax.scm:
  1402:23  6 (_ _)
  1343:32  5 (syntax-type (#<syntax:packages.scm:335:21 content-hash>
#<syntax (base32 "8a9913843170dc7e46bbb1c9?> ?) ?)
  1557:32  4 (expand-macro #<procedure 7f09956b50c8 at
./guix/packages.scm:261:2 (s)> (#<syntax:packages.scm:335?> ?) ?)
In ./guix/packages.scm:
   277:25  3 (_ #<syntax base32> #<syntax
"8a9913843170dc7e46bbb1c93d7c41241fa6d649">
#<syntax:packages.scm:335:38 s?>)
In ./guix/base32.scm:
    295:4  2 (base32-string-unfold-right #<procedure 7f0987512580 at
./guix/base32.scm:318:28 (chr)> "8a9913843170dc?")
In unknown file:
           1 (string-fold-right #<procedure 7f0987512560 at
./guix/base32.scm:295:23 (chr index)> 0 "8a9913843170dc?" ?)
In ./guix/base32.scm:
   296:65  0 (_ #\e 24)

./guix/base32.scm:296:65: ERROR:
  1. &invalid-base32-character:
      character: #\e
      string: "8a9913843170dc7e46bbb1c93d7c41241fa6d649"
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'...  guix pull: error: You
found a bug: the program '/gnu/store/w49vr3qfhidws1541hljhgjqc576d46c-
compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"b5510269c58acfc28f23cdd12bd2454d9fe3e14d"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "cc4fa1018dfec8a60b73da3917830635ac7d2af4"; pull-version: 
1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.

Best,
-- 
Dan