Subject: 29.0.50; [package-vc] Nowhere to find package-vc-archive-spec-alist
From: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
To: Bug Report Emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 01:51:54 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I’m happily trying out package-vc and hoping it can replace 
my home-brew install-from-source package!
The docstring of package-vc-selected-packages mentions
package-vc-archive-spec-alist but I can’t seem to find it anywhere.

More over, it would be nice if the documentation of package-vc-install
(docstring or manual) can explain how do I specify the branch when
Using package-vc-install. From what I can see you can only specify the url
and revision.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin21.6.0, NS
appkit-2113.60 Version 12.6 (Build 21G115)) of 2022-11-08 built on
Brown
Repository revision: 68e2a9cd92996dd55ff9599dc1bf99c70070cddb
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2113
System Description:  macOS 12.6

Configured using:
'configure --with-pdumper=yes --with-ns'

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GLIB GNUTLS JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER
PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  aggressive-indent-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  diff-hl-mode: t
  outline-minor-mode: t
  color-outline-mode: t
  ws-butler-mode: t
  after-save-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  form-feed-mode: t
  selectrum-prescient-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  consult-binded-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  global-hl-todo-mode: t
  hl-todo-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-highlight-parentheses-mode: t
  highlight-parentheses-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  selectrum-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  luna-key-override-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-quote-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/yuan/.emacs.d/elpa/ada-mode-7.1.8/gnat-core hides /Users/yuan/.emacs.d/elpa/wisi-3.1.8/gnat-core
/Users/yuan/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20220918.2101/transient hides /Users/yuan/emacs-head/lisp/transient
/Users/yuan/.emacs.d/ranch/eglot/eglot hides /Users/yuan/emacs-head/lisp/progmodes/eglot

Features:
(shadow sort iimg quanjiao mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils wgrep ffap files-x grep misearch multi-isearch
bug-reference expand-region text-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions
expand-region-core advice expand-region-custom checkdoc magit-base
magit-section format-spec compat-27 compat-26 package-vc xdg lisp-mnt
ghelp ghelp-helpful helpful cc-langs cc-vars cc-defs trace info-look f
f-shortdoc shortdoc elisp-refs s dash ghelp-builtin derived vc-hg vc-bzr
vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs flymake-proc flymake compile comint
ansi-osc ansi-color warnings thingatpt aggressive-indent
rainbow-delimiters diff-hl log-view pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc vc noutline
outline color-outline hideshow ws-butler after-save project
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf company
flyspell ispell server windmove add-log cl-print form-feed
exec-path-from-shell vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher cus-edit icons
pale-theme theme-util bibtex iso8601 time-date selectrum-prescient
prescient char-fold consult-selectrum selectrum crm recentf-ext consult
compat-28 recentf tree-widget wid-edit kmacro bookmark
text-property-search pp cl-extra yasnippet which-func imenu edebug debug
backtrace find-func minions hl-todo winner highlight-parentheses utility
pause which-key no-littering compat finder-inf git-link-autoloads
rime-autoloads popup-autoloads benchmark-init-autoloads
go-mode-autoloads helpful-autoloads elisp-refs-autoloads
rust-mode-autoloads protobuf-mode-autoloads buffer-move-autoloads
org-ref-autoloads avy-autoloads selectrum-prescient-autoloads
prescient-autoloads request-autoloads org-modern-autoloads
debbugs-autoloads selectrum-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads
consult-autoloads hydra-autoloads toc-org-autoloads ox-pandoc-autoloads
no-littering-autoloads tab-bar-echo-area-autoloads annotate-autoloads
git-timemachine-autoloads magit-todos-autoloads esxml-autoloads
wisi-autoloads uniquify-files-autoloads web-mode-autoloads
vterm-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads company-autoloads
which-key-autoloads minions-autoloads aggressive-indent-autoloads
lsp-mode-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads ht-autoloads
pcre2el-autoloads pollen-mode-autoloads keyfreq-autoloads
magit-patch-changelog-autoloads highlight-parentheses-autoloads
wgrep-autoloads flycheck-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads
hl-todo-autoloads magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads olivetti-autoloads diff-hl-autoloads
geiser-guile-autoloads geiser-impl help-fns radix-tree help-mode
geiser-custom geiser-base posframe-autoloads sly-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads geiser-autoloads transient-autoloads
ivy-autoloads rx lua-mode-autoloads keycast-autoloads async-autoloads
restclient-autoloads dired-rsync-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads
citeproc-autoloads string-inflection-autoloads queue-autoloads
fish-mode-autoloads exec-path-from-shell-autoloads
bibtex-completion-autoloads biblio-autoloads biblio-core-autoloads
f-autoloads info dash-autoloads s-autoloads parsebib-autoloads kinsoku
savehist pixel-scroll cua-base ring minibuf-eldef so-long elec-pair
cus-load lunary luna-key easy-mmode luna-load-package pcase cowboy
luna-f package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 482185 442934)
(symbols 48 30025 10)
(strings 32 152678 72940)
(string-bytes 1 3867992)
(vectors 16 50203)
(vector-slots 8 1027008 420202)
(floats 8 351 1331)
(intervals 56 11992 11546)
(buffers 984 27))