Subject: 28.2; Unable to setup flymake-mode-line-lighter
From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 08:41:48 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

It is actually impossible to change the value of
`flymake-mode-line-lighter` because `flymake-mode-line-title` always
returns the same value.
To reproduce, customize flymake-mode-line-lighter to something else,
open a buffer in a more using flymake you can observe that the
lighter has not changed.
It can be fixed by transforming flymake--mode-line-title in macro and
not using :eval in flymake-mode-line-title, then adding a :set function
to flymake-mode-line-lighter that set flymake-mode-line-title.
But maybe there is something simpler to do.

In GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, Motif Version 2.3.8, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-09-12 built on IPad-S340
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: Linux Mint 20.3

Configured using:
 'configure CFLAGS=-O8 --with-mailutils --with-cairo --without-dbus
 --without-gconf --without-gsettings --with-x-toolkit=motif'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE
XIM XPM MOTIF ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: 

Minor modes in effect:
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  psession-mode: t
  psession-savehist-mode: t
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  git-gutter-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  helm-epa-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  helm-adaptive-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-minibuffer-history-mode: t
  helm-ff-icon-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-popup-tip-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  dired-async-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow epa-mail face-remap emacsbug addressbook-bookmark tv-mu4e-config
mu4e-contrib eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg
esh-module esh-groups esh-util mu4e-patch mu4e mu4e-org mu4e-main
mu4e-view gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win
mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions smtpmail sendmail
mu4e-search mu4e-lists mu4e-bookmarks mu4e-mark mu4e-message shr kinsoku
svg flow-fill hl-line mu4e-contacts mu4e-update mu4e-folders mu4e-server
mu4e-context mu4e-obsolete mu4e-vars mu4e-helpers mu4e-config ido view
smerge-mode whitespace helm-command image-file image-converter cus-start
tramp-archive tramp-gvfs dbus helm-x-files helm-for-files
flymake-shellcheck flymake-proc flymake project warnings sh-script smie
executable bug-reference naquadah-theme solar cal-dst holidays
hol-loaddefs tv-utils osm dom yaml-mode undo-tree diff queue psession
frameset log-view pcvs-util bash-completion cl-indent pcase ffap
thingatpt autocrypt-message message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader autocrypt-gnus gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
rfc2047 rfc2045 mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr autocrypt-mu4e autocrypt
ietf-drums config-w3m git-gutter mule-util appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
gud wdired dired-extension org-config ob-gnuplot org-crypt net-utils
time winner autotest-mode autoconf-mode woman man ediff ediff-merg
ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util
init-helm helm-ls-git vc-git diff-mode vc vc-dispatcher helm-fd epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config helm-epa helm-imenu imenu
helm-elisp-package helm-find helm-org org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex ol rx org-keys
oc org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs helm-external isl helm-descbinds helm-wikipedia
all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons
data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons wfnames
cus-edit wid-edit helm-ipython helm-elisp helm-eval edebug backtrace
find-func python tramp-sh popup helm-bookmark helm-net xml helm-info
bookmark pp helm-adaptive helm-mode helm-misc helm-files image-dired
image-mode exif filenotify tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete parse-time
iso8601 time-date ls-lisp helm-buffers helm-occur helm-tags helm-locate
helm-grep wgrep-helm wgrep grep compile text-property-search comint ring
helm-regexp format-spec ansi-color helm-utils helm-help helm-types
helm-extensions-autoloads helm-config helm-autoloads helm
helm-global-bindings helm-easymenu helm-core async-bytecomp helm-source
helm-multi-match helm-lib dired-async dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs
async diminish cl-extra help-mode mb-depth server edmacro kmacro avoid
cus-load use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight
use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode
use-package-core finder-inf package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib info w3m-load
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads inotify
lcms2 dynamic-setting font-render-setting cairo motif x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 734856 83962)
 (symbols 48 41094 1)
 (strings 32 240548 8878)
 (string-bytes 1 7351610)
 (vectors 16 82696)
 (vector-slots 8 1834361 166235)
 (floats 8 2282 471)
 (intervals 56 6330 1177)
 (buffers 992 115))
<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

-- 
Thierry