Subject: Re: bug#59010: [PATCH] gnu: Add modprobed-db.
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Hilton Chain <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2022 23:58:00 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hilton Chain <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/packages/linux.scm (modprobed-db): New variable.

Applied with the cosmetic changes below, thanks!

Ludo’.

diff --git a/gnu/packages/linux.scm b/gnu/packages/linux.scm
index 69a81ed653..574b0ae027 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/linux.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/linux.scm
@@ -9524,20 +9524,20 @@ (define-public modprobed-db
                       (string-append
                        (search-input-file inputs "/bin/modprobe") " "))))))))
     (inputs (list coreutils kmod gawk glibc grep sed))
-    (home-page "https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Modprobed-db")
-    (synopsis "Keep track of EVERY kernel module that has ever been probed")
+    (home-page "https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Modprobed-db")
+    (synopsis "Keep track of Linux modules that have been probed")
     (description
-     "@code{Modprobed-db} is a useful utility for users wishing to build a
-minimal kernel via a @code{make localmodconfig}.  In a nutshell, this make
+     "Modprobed-db is a useful utility for users wishing to build a minimal
+kernel via a @code{make localmodconfig}.  In a nutshell, this @command{make}
 target creates a config based on the current config and a list of modules you
-define (@code{modprobed-db} keeps for you).  It then disables any module
-option that is not needed thus not building hundreds/potentially thousands of
-extraneous modules.  This results in a system-specific, streamlined kernel
-package and footprint as well as reduced compilation times.
+define (that @command{modprobed-db} keeps for you).  It then disables any
+module option that is not needed thus not building extraneous modules.  This
+results in a system-specific, streamlined kernel package and footprint as well
+as reduced compilation times.
 
-@code{Modprobed-db} simply logs every module ever probed on the target system
-to a text-based database (@code{$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/modprobed-db}) which can be
-read directly by @code{make localmodconfig} as described above.")
+Modprobed-db simply logs every module ever probed on the target system to a
+text-based database (@file{$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/modprobed-db}), which can be read
+directly by @code{make localmodconfig} as described above.")
     (license license:expat)))
 
 (define-public kconfig-hardened-check