Subject: Re: bug#58985: 29.0.50; Have auth-source-pass behave more like other back ends
From: "J.P." <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>,Björn Bidar <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>, Akib Azmain Turja <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 06:14:03 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

"J.P." <[email-masked]> writes:

>> When are you going to install this?  It's definitely an improvement over
>> the one in master, and doesn't have any problems to block it.
>> Installing it will also expose it to more users to the change, so this
>> will get even more testing.
>
> I am willing to install this but am not really comfortable enabling it
> by default unless the maintainers of the downstream packages (Cc. Björn)
> can promise to report any problems while Emacs 29.1 is still unreleased.
> Without such a pledge, I'm inclined to just leave it disabled. Thanks.

Because I am easily swayed (or maybe just a liar), I've gone ahead and
enabled it by default [1]. I've also informed Nicolas Petton of the
change. I guess Björn was too busy or annoyed by my pestering to keep
up, which is understandable.

Thanks, everyone, for your help with this (especially Akib, who I pray
will consider contributing to ERC in the future). And please remember to
complain if you encounter any related ugliness. In the meantime, I am
closing this bug.

[1] https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=2cf9e699