Subject: 29.0.50; unrespnsive Xaw menus
From: Madhu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2022 08:05:17 +0530 (IST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Xaw3d menus (both menubar and pop-up menus) have been unresponsive to
mouse moves since commit c0fa3f2a6b8ce06af5

* c0fa3f2a6b8ce06af59f5e70cf1757189bd401f0
| Author: Po Lu <[email-masked]>  2022-02-17 15:31:30
| Committer: Po Lu <[email-masked]>  2022-02-17 15:36:12
|    Prevent menu items leak if x-pre-popup-menu-hook signals
|    * src/menu.c (x_popup_menu_1): Make sure menu items are
|    discarded if the pre popup menu hook signals.

This is on non-NS an --with-x-toolkit=athena build. to reproduce, bring
up a pop-up-menu by clicking on a menubar item, or by pressing Shift F10
and choosing a submenu.  none of the pop-up-menu items in the submenu
are responsive to mouse selection.

It appearsAfter the change a necessary discard_menu_items call does not
seem to be happening in src.c: (x_popup_menu_1)

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 11, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2022-10-20 built on maher
Repository revision: dda57221b1163b4223add47f172c9dd8d2826a15
Repository branch: madhu-tip
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101003
System Description: Gentoo/Linux

Configured using:
 'configure -C --with-x-toolkit=athena --with-native-compilation
 --with-xinput2'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM
LUCID ZLIB