Subject: [PATCH] gnu: emacs-eval-in-repl-erlang: Fix unbound variable.
From: Brian Kubisiak <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 19:20:43 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Commit 0b120ad5f88d32e0c716b1442fe1ea3c562b5586 introduced a circular
dependency where (gnu packages erlang) would transitively load (gnu
packages emacs-xyz) before the emacs-erlang package was defined. This
would result in "error: emacs-erlang: unbound variable" in the
definition of emacs-eval-in-repl-erlang when trying to use (gnu
packages erlang) from the repl.

This commit fixes the unbound variable by adding a delay to the inputs
in make-emacs-eval-in-repl.

* gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm (emacs-eval-in-repl-erlang): Add delay.
---
 gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm b/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm
index 2ac29e8225..1b0f07731d 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm
@@ -27911,7 +27911,7 @@ (define-public emacs-eval-in-repl-elm
   (make-emacs-eval-in-repl "elm" #:inputs (list emacs-elm-mode)))
 
 (define-public emacs-eval-in-repl-erlang
-  (make-emacs-eval-in-repl "erlang" #:inputs (list emacs-erlang)))
+  (make-emacs-eval-in-repl "erlang" #:inputs (delay (list emacs-erlang))))
 
 (define-public emacs-eval-in-repl-geiser
   (make-emacs-eval-in-repl "geiser" #:language "Scheme"
-- 
2.37.3