Subject: Re: bug#58324: 28.1: Variable-name error in documentation of variables used to configure ElDoc mode
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Mark Harig <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 03:34:23 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Mark Harig via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text
editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

> In the Emacs info manual, (emacs) Lisp Doc, one of the variables
> documented is `eldoc-display-truncation-message'.  But C-h v is
> unable to reference this variable to provide its description.
> Instead, in the Eldoc customization group, there is the variable
> named `eldoc-echo-area-display-truncation-message', whose
> description appears to match the description at the (emacs) Lisp
> Doc node of the Emacs info manual.
>
> If this is the intended variable name, then the Emacs info manual
> needs to be changed to use it.

Thanks for the bug report.  The variable was renamed in commit
77c3928425, but the manual was unfortunately never updated.

I've now fixed this on the emacs-28 branch, so I'm closing this bug
report.