Subject: 29.0.50; Not logical compilation warnings
From: "Jean Louis" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 21:25:00 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I am testing new function M-x emacs-lisp-native-compile-and-load
and I can see some new warnings that I have not seen before.

These warnings are not enlightening neither helpful.

It is not clear what the sign + after number means. It is unclear if it
means "5 and more" or "more than five". That sign is not helpful.

To me it looks same 5+ and 5-10, as both mean to me that it is 5 and
more arguments. But maybe author wants to say what it should mean.

In rcd-db-report:
rcd-cf.el:365:8: Warning: function rcd-db-report used to take 5+ arguments,
    now takes 5-10

In cf-address-add:
rcd-cf.el:956:8: Warning: function cf-address-add used to take 0+ arguments,
    now takes 0-10

In cf-people-relations-add:
rcd-cf.el:3351:8: Warning: function cf-people-relations-add used to take 0+
    arguments, now takes 0-19

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.17.6, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2022-10-05 built on
 protected.rcdrun.com
Repository revision: 9449e0740cd97bbcdbaeb4713dc2dd51e65994fd
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: Parabola GNU/Linux-libre

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=exwm-xim
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra
help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 79594 8370)
 (symbols 48 7181 0)
 (strings 32 20866 1702)
 (string-bytes 1 622658)
 (vectors 16 16150)
 (vector-slots 8 279952 10661)
 (floats 8 29 30)
 (intervals 56 277 0)
 (buffers 1000 13))

-- 
Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/