Subject: Re: bug#58316: 5.19.12 kernel causes issues with Intel laptops
From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
To: Declan Rixon <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 20:00:38 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Wed, Oct 05, 2022 at 01:05:59PM +0000, Declan Rixon wrote:
> Hi all, I ran guix pull and system reconfigure today, updating my kernel to
> 5.19.12. On rebooting I was unable to get much past the bootloader before
> the screen started flashing. Aparrently there's a regression in 5.19.12
> that couses this issue in some intel laptops. Because guix is guix I just
> rolled back for now.
> 
> This regression was fixed in the 5.19.13 stable release.
> 
> https://www.neowin.net/news/beware-linux-kernel-51912-could-damage-your-intel-laptop-display-literally/
> shows the effect on someone elses laptop (not guix). They say that 5.19.11
> works fine and while I haven't checked that myself, I can say 5.19.9 works
> fine.

Thanks for the report. I was wondering if it was also happening with the
linux-libre kernel. The 5.19 kernel has been updated to 5.19.14, so all
should be good now.

Of course let us know if it comes back with the newer kernel version.

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted