Subject: 29.0.50; (dired-get-marked-files t) over TRAMP
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 11:09:41 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

From sometimes now™, when I'm in dired over TRAMP calling
`(dired-get-marked-files t)' yield differents results depending on the
file's directory.  If, I am on a file in my homedir I'll get:

(/scp:host:/home/manuel/.emacs)

But if, I am in any other dir (for instance in /etc) I'll get:

(hosts)

Is this expected?

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.2, cairo version
 1.17.6) of 2022-10-04 built on elite.giraud
Repository revision: 0a53e5f751244d84d766b45380a58df37c06ae3d
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: OpenBSD elite.giraud 7.2 GENERIC.MP#739 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs --bindir=/home/manuel/bin
 --with-x-toolkit=no --without-sound --without-compress-install
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  gnus-dired-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20220918.2101/transient hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow emacsbug shortdoc loadhist help-fns radix-tree vc cal-move
tabify org-indent org-capture org-refile pcmpl-unix conf-mode
bug-reference make-mode magit-extras face-remap magit-bookmark
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu
magit-diff git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process
with-editor magit-mode transient magit-git magit-base magit-section dash
compat-27 compat-26 compat compat-macs tramp-cmds wdired ibuf-ext
ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs calc-alg calc-menu tar-mode gnus-fun
smerge-mode diff shr-color term ehelp mailalias eudc-capf eudc cus-start
eudc-vars gnus-search sort gnus-cite mail-extr textsec uni-scripts
idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check gnus-async
gnus-bcklg gnus-ml gnus-topic mm-archive url-http url-gw url-cache
url-auth qp utf-7 imap rfc2104 nndoc nndraft nnmh nnfolder nnml
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache
nnrss w3m w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-favicon w3m-image
tab-line w3m-proc w3m-util view org-element avl-tree ol-eww eww xdg
url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect
ol-docview doc-view filenotify jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex
ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi epa-file misearch multi-isearch
vc-svn dabbrev vc-hg vc-git diff-mode vc-bzr vc-dispatcher gnus-dired
pulse network-stream nsm sh-script smie executable tramp-sh tramp-cache
time-stamp paredit edmacro icomplete time battery exwm-randr xcb-randr
exwm-config exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage
exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core
xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto xcb-types xcb-debug kmacro server
stimmung-themes modus-operandi-theme modus-themes ytdious osm mingus
libmpdee reporter edebug debug backtrace transmission diary-lib
diary-loaddefs color calc-bin calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs
w3m-load mu4e mu4e-org mu4e-main mu4e-view mu4e-headers mu4e-compose
mu4e-draft mu4e-actions smtpmail mu4e-search mu4e-lists mu4e-bookmarks
mu4e-mark mu4e-message flow-fill mule-util hl-line mu4e-contacts
mu4e-update mu4e-folders mu4e-server mu4e-context mu4e-vars mu4e-helpers
mu4e-config bookmark ido supercite regi ebdb-message ebdb-gnus gnus-msg
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr ebdb-mua ebdb-com
crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe
eieio-base pcase timezone org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-table oc-basic bibtex ol org-keys oc org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs visual-basic-mode
cl web-mode disp-table erlang-start smart-tabs-mode skeleton cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs slime-asdf grep slime-tramp tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration cus-edit cus-load wid-edit files-x tramp-compat rx
shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp format-spec
slime-fancy slime-indentation slime-cl-indent cl-indent
slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch slime-presentations advice
bridge slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl elp slime-parse slime
derived cl-extra help-mode lisp-mnt gud apropos compile
text-property-search etags fileloop generator xref project arc-mode
archive-mode noutline outline icons pp comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring
hyperspec thingatpt slime-autoloads dired-aux dired-x dired
dired-loaddefs so-long notifications dbus xml repeat easy-mmode
auctex-autoloads tex-site boxquote-autoloads debbugs-autoloads
hyperbole-autoloads magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads paredit-autoloads
rust-mode-autoloads stimmung-themes-autoloads transient-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads info compat-autoloads ytdious-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv url-vars
cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1254050 361818)
 (symbols 48 79454 14)
 (strings 32 379850 7061)
 (string-bytes 1 11638801)
 (vectors 16 197233)
 (vector-slots 8 3763862 132563)
 (floats 8 730 671)
 (intervals 56 25115 5997)
 (buffers 1000 90))

-- 
Manuel Giraud