Subject: 29.0.50; loaddefs-generate docstring: DIR vs. DIRS
From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 04:55:13 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

the first arg of loaddefs-generate has the name DIR but the first
sentence names it DIRS.

While that argument can be a dir or a list of dirs, this first sentence
breaks our rules.

Would it be worth to name the argument "DIR-OR-DIRS" for discoverability
- or should the docstring just say

"Generate loaddefs files for Lisp files in DIR.
DIR can be either a single directory or a list of directories.
[...]" ?

TIA,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 7, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars) of 2022-09-14 built on drachen
Repository revision: 0dfe8c6023564b4ea86424c790ad0b4925110e1a
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid'