Subject: Re: bug#57549: [PATCH] gnu: Add comments to the bottom of a few package modules.
From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 11:43:31 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> This will hopefully discourage patches which add new packages to the bottom of
>> files, as this increases the likelyhood of conflicts when applying patches.
>
> Please mention the modified files here.

Done.

>> +;;;
>> +;;; Avoid adding new packages to the end of this file. Place them above by
>
> Maybe start with “To reduce the chances of a merge conflict, avoid […]”?

I've added this in the second sentence, since I want to keep the
instruction first as this might make it harder to skip over and ignore.

> Anyway, LGTM!

Thanks Ludo and Maxime, pushed this as
fe42befd64df016d755f56107a407f5e4b5c3814.

Chris