Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: debops: Update to 3.0.2.
From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2025 20:54:46 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

> This is an update of two major versions which renders the old package
> definition mostly obsolete.  The inputs are refactored to only include
> dependencies defined in setup.py, which are required to run the program and
> use the included Ansible roles.  The other previously defined inputs are
> optional and only needed when choosing to use a specific method of encrypting
> secrets.  The patch for fixing program paths of those optional dependencies
> are not needed any more, because they should be available in PATH or can be
> defined in a config file.  There are no scripts that need shebang patching any
> more, because there is now only a pure Python entry point that is properly
> handled by the build system.
> 
> * gnu/packages/patches/debops-constants-for-external-program-names.patch,
> gnu/packages/patches/debops-debops-defaults-fall-back-to-less.patch: Delete
> files.
> * gnu/local.mk (dist_patch_DATA): Adjust accordingly.
> * gnu/packages/admin.scm (debops): Update to 3.0.2.

Closing as the package is already at a higher version in Guix.