Subject: Re: bug#57367: [PATCH v3] Speed up em-smart
From: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
To: Morgan Smith <[email-masked]>, Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 15:47:52 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 30.1

On 10/18/2023 8:46 AM, Morgan Smith wrote:
> Thanks for the ping.  Reading the documentation for
> `window-configuration-change-hook' I found out I can run the scroll
> command only on updated windows.  Furthermore, that hook selects the
> window which is nice.  I believe the problems pointed out above stem
> from using `(point)` to scroll a window that wasn't actually selected.
> 
> Anyways here is V3

Thanks for the updated patch. As far as I can tell (I don't use the 
smart display module in Eshell), everything works here, and you even 
fixed a bug I noticed on master with long output! (Previously, if you 
ran a command with a lot of output, the prompt got hidden for some 
reason, probably due to using field properties for the prompt/output. 
That's fixed now.)

I've merged this to master as e08238cdd74 now. Closing this bug. Thanks 
again.