Subject: Re: bug#5722: 23.1; C-a unexpected behavior in minibuffer
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 04:26:17 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> It only happens when I load emacs normally or when I load it with
> `emacs --no-site-file'... shall I then assume it either has to do with
> site-start.el?

No, this means it is NOT to do with site-start.el.

> A. If I

Summary of your 4 cases:

You see the problem if you start Emacs normally, or with --no-site-file.
You do not see the problem if you start with -q or -Q.

Therefore the problem is due to something in your ~/.emacs (or
default.el, but this seems less likely).

So you need to comment out things from your .emacs until you find what
causes the problem. It's probably due to some external, non-Emacs
package that you load, so I am closing this. But if it turns out to be
an Emacs issue, please reply with details and we can reopen this if
needed.