Subject: Re: bug#56505: [PATCHES] Mingw configuration for openssl
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 00:14:12 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Vivien,

Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]> skribis:

> antipode on #guix told me that these archaic tests to determine the
> openssl target should be replaced with the new target predicates in
> (guix utils), and that the kernel and the architecture should be dealt
> with independently.

Good idea.

> However, it seems that mingw targets do not use the same scheme, so I
> had to keep that special case.
>
> I had to introduce a new predicate for mips64el. As far as I
> understand, this is also a 64-bit target, so it should also be detected
> by target-64bit?, but fortunately this is already the case, so I don’t
> have to change target-64bit?. I don’t think there are other predicates
> that I should change, but I may be wrong.
>
> What do you think?

I think that’s good!

> From 4084fb014e84e6b15825c6c37dcdba8bde56fa4e Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2022 23:39:16 +0200
> Subject: [PATCH v2 1/3] gnu: openssl: Cross-compile to mingw.
>
> * gnu/packages/tls.scm (target->openssl-target): Add cases for mingw and
> mingw64.

[...]

> From e4631751a4e435a2125b5d72f665f6ec0ef5d6e1 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 20:05:45 +0200
> Subject: [PATCH v2 2/3] guix: Add target-mips64el?.
>
> * guix/utils.scm (target-mips64el?): New function. It detects whether the
> target system is mips64el.

[...]

> From ae3bffd19c2887342e28372c3c613e998eb21840 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 20:09:14 +0200
> Subject: [PATCH v2 3/3] gnu: openssl: use target predicates from (guix utils)
>  for openssl.
>
> ---
>  gnu/packages/tls.scm | 65 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------------
>  1 file changed, 38 insertions(+), 27 deletions(-)

Added a commit log to this one and committed, thanks!

‘guix build openssl --target=x86_64-w64-mingw32’ works and the funny
part is that .dll files end up in bin/, but I think that’s intended on
Windows?

Ludo’.