Subject: Graphical Installer Partitioning Bug
From: imran saleh <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 19:11:29 +0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

When I'm using the graphical installer and I choose the option to
automatically partition with encryption, I then edit the partitions to add
a swap partition (I do this  because I want a swap partition and it isn't
provided by default). I do this by freeing either the root or home
partitions (I've tried both) and first allocating some storage to a swap
partition, and then allocating the rest back to the partition originally
freed (and I encrypt it, etc.).

The bug: When I tell it to go ahead and partition the drive according to
what I set up, the screen flashes and resets the entire installer to the
beginning of the installation i.e. takes me back to the locale setting
screen. However, when I don't create a swap, it seems to partition without
complaint.

Thanks,

Imran