Subject: 23.1; Please add Injection-* headers to message-ignored-supersedes-headers
From: Teemu Likonen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 11:46:06 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This report is about Gnus and file lisp/gnus/message.el in particular.

There is a news server, namely eternal.september.org, which adds
Injection-Date and Injection-Info headers to messages. When superseding
such message the sending fails because the server does not want user to
fill those headers, the server wants to do it. Supersede works if user
removes those headers manually.

So, I suggest adding the headers to message-ignored-supersedes-headers
variable like the attached patch does.

diff --git i/lisp/gnus/message.el w/lisp/gnus/message.el
index 7194813..8992cef 100644
--- i/lisp/gnus/message.el
+++ w/lisp/gnus/message.el
@@ -276,7 +276,7 @@ included.  Organization and User-Agent are optional."
   :link '(custom-manual "(message)Mail Headers")
   :type 'regexp)
 
-(defcustom message-ignored-supersedes-headers "^Path:\\|^Date\\|^NNTP-Posting-Host:\\|^Xref:\\|^Lines:\\|^Received:\\|^X-From-Line:\\|^X-Trace:\\|^X-ID:\\|^X-Complaints-To:\\|Return-Path:\\|^Supersedes:\\|^NNTP-Posting-Date:\\|^X-Trace:\\|^X-Complaints-To:\\|^Cancel-Lock:\\|^Cancel-Key:\\|^X-Hashcash:\\|^X-Payment:\\|^Approved:"
+(defcustom message-ignored-supersedes-headers "^Path:\\|^Date\\|^NNTP-Posting-Host:\\|^Xref:\\|^Lines:\\|^Received:\\|^X-From-Line:\\|^X-Trace:\\|^X-ID:\\|^X-Complaints-To:\\|Return-Path:\\|^Supersedes:\\|^NNTP-Posting-Date:\\|^X-Trace:\\|^X-Complaints-To:\\|^Cancel-Lock:\\|^Cancel-Key:\\|^X-Hashcash:\\|^X-Payment:\\|^Approved:\\|^Injection-Date:\\|^Injection-Info:"
   "*Header lines matching this regexp will be deleted before posting.
 It's best to delete old Path and Date headers before posting to avoid
 any confusion."