Subject: Re: bug#55549: Parted 3.5 update breaks installer tests
From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
To: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 09:02:28 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hey Ludo,

> Mathieu, I’m guessing the cause of the problem, when using Parted 4.5,
> is that the installer partitions disks somewhat incorrectly, as reported
> by ‘grub-install’.  I wonder if it might be due to an API or ABI change
> that goes unnoticed in Guile-Parted because it uses the FFI.

This is caused by a regression in Parted 3.5 introduced by
15c49ec04f7eaff014d2e1eddd0aecf4150db63d.

The gpt_partition_set_system call can undo what's done by
gpt_partition_set_flag call. This imposes us to reverse the call order
and make sure that gpt_partition_set_system is called before
gpt_partition_set_flag.

Fixed with: 3c381af76a144a4dc3d0f9269f43ee2ec501b538. I think we can
report that one upstream.

Thanks,

Mathieu