Subject: Re: bug#55412: 28.1; In Emacs 28.1, using ':eval' in 'frame-title-format' doesn't work properly
From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], martin rudalics <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 17:34:18 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello, Christian.

On Sat, May 21, 2022 at 11:25:22 -0000, [email-masked] wrote:

> Hello Alan and Eli,

> Alan Mackenzie wrote at Fri, 20 May 2022 20:39:06 +0000:

> > On Sat, May 14, 2022 at 19:58:13 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> > I have now committed the patch from Wednesday (slightly amended) to the
> > emacs-28 branch at savannah.  This should have fixed the bug.

> Thank you. I was very impressed how fast you guys moved!

OK, thanks!  I'm now closing the bug with this post.

> I needed to move back to Emacs 27.2 because there are some other bugs
> in 28.1 that I have no idea how to properly report:

[ .... ]

I'm sorry about these, and hope we manage to get them fixed, too!

> Thanks again and have a nice weekend,

You too!

> Christian

> PS: ATM, I'm not set up to compile Emacs myself as I temporarily moved
>     into a very small house and don't have any Linux machine here. I'm
>     not masochistic enough to setup up a compilation environment on
>     the little Macbook I have (which is severly lacking on disc space).

OK.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).