Subject: 23.1.92; VC-dir does not handle deleted unversioned files
From: [email-masked] (Óscar Fuentes)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 14:12:39 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On some bzr work tree, create a file:

echo foo > foo

Open a VC-dir buffer for that working tree. It will show the file
as

    unregistered         foo

Now, delete that file with M-x delete-file and refresh the VC-dir
buffer. It shows:

    nil                  foo

AFAIK, the only way to remove `foo' from the VC-dir buffer is to kill
it.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.92.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2010-02-05 on qcore
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10604000
configured using `configure  '--with-x-toolkit=lucid' '--without-toolkit-scroll-bars''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: VC dir

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
o SPC t y i <backspace> <backspace> h i n k <backspace> 
g s SPC t a h t SPC <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> h a t SPC S u b v e r s i o n SPC h a n 
d l e s SPC w e l l . SPC I s SPC t h i s SPC c o r 
r e c t ? SPC B e c a u s e SPC i f SPC i t SPC i s 
SPC <backspace> , SPC I SPC w a n t SPC t o SPC s t 
o p SPC u s i n g SPC b z r SPC a <backspace> A S A 
P . <up> <up> <up> <right> <right> <left> M-d M-d <C-right> 
<C-right> <C-left> c u r r e n t l y SPC <left> <f8> 
<return> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <f8> <return> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <f8> <return> <down> <down> C-a <C-right> <C-right> 
<C-right> <C-left> e v e n SPC <C-right> <C-right> 
<C-right> <C-right> <C-right> <C-right> <right> C-k 
C-k C-k <up> <right> <right> <right> i s SPC u <backspace> 
b y g g <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> u g g y 
SPC a n d SPC M-q <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> C-a C-SPC <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> C-w 
C-c C-c <down> <down> d q <return> d d d d q <return> 
d d d d q g q y C-x k <return> x x x <f10> <menu-bar> 
<help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Checking new news...
Opening nntp server on news.gmane.org...done
Checking new news...done
Are you sure you want to quit reading news? (y or n) 
Saving file /home/oscar/.newsrc...
Wrote /home/oscar/.newsrc
Saving /home/oscar/.newsrc.eld...
Saving file /home/oscar/.newsrc.eld...
Wrote /home/oscar/.newsrc.eld
Saving /home/oscar/.newsrc.eld...done

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug ispell whitespace vc-sccs vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-dir ewoc vc
ffap find-dired smerge-mode grep dabbrev pcmpl-unix erc-menu erc-join
erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-button
erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat
thingatpt cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs cmake-mode mailalias newcomment tcl help-mode view
wdired dired-aux org-indent org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe
org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp org-exp-blocks
org-agenda org-info org-gnus org-bibtex org-bbdb org org-footnote
org-src org-list org-faces org-compat org-macs noutline outline vc-bzr
bbdb-com warnings multi-isearch flow-fill em-unix pcomplete em-term term
ehelp electric em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs
em-cmpl em-basic esh-opt em-banner em-alias esh-var esh-io esh-cmd
esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg eldoc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode
esh-util sh-script executable sort gnus-cite smiley ansi-color mail-extr
gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml disp-table parse-time nnfolder pop3 nnml
nndraft nnmh auth-source gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view smime dig
nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
format-spec smtpmail sendmail gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash gnus-win
gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util netrc time-date mail-utils mm-util
mail-prsvr org-install vc-dispatcher vc-svn jka-compr find-func
timeclock timeclock-x compile comint lp0-mode preview prv-emacs info
reporter desktop latex tex-style tex-buf tex tex-site auto-loads paren
uniquify server psvn byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile derived edmacro
kmacro wid-edit cl cl-19 log-edit ring pcvs-util add-log diff-mode
easy-mmode pp elp ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-mult ediff-help
ediff-init ediff-util dired easymenu bbdb-autoloads bbdb regexp-opt
timezone column-marker ido advice help-fns advice-preload tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting
tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty
emacs)