Subject: 29.0.50; Commit 8fce81897d no longer generates eln files
From: Kun Liu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 10:45:50 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I did a completely fresh install. I noticed under
~/.emacs.d/eln-cache/29.0.50-a2ce0d0a there are only two files

subr--trampoline-61626f72742d7265637572736976652d65646974_abort_recursive_edit_0.eln
subr--trampoline-746f702d6c6576656c_top_level_0.eln

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24,
cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-05-05 built on debian
Repository revision: 8fce81897dabe9c06f7b3f59cfb0bb9348422531
Repository branch: master
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --with-pgtk'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Shell

Minor modes in effect:
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  engine-mode: t
  org-super-agenda-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  cscope-minor-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-message hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-message
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-draft hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-draft
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-wash hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-wash
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-mua hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-mua
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-jump hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-jump
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-address hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-address
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-show hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-show
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-tree hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-tree
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-maildir-fcc hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-maildir-fcc
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-crypto hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-crypto
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-query hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-query
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-tag hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-tag
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-compat hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-compat
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-company hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-company
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-hello hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-hello
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-parser hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-parser
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-lib hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-lib
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/coolj hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/coolj
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-print hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-print
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20220503.1118/transient hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug apropos counsel swiper ivy delsel
ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir color misearch multi-isearch pcmpl-unix
origami origami-parsers cl artist picture reporter vc-git org-eldoc
org-superstar cl-extra help-mode ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file url-dired svg dom gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus
nnheader range ol-docview doc-view ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags
fileloop xref company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-capf company-cmake company-clang company-semantic company-css
company-nxml company-bbdb company-gtags company-template ob-calc
calc-store calc-trail calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs
ob-python python-el-fgallina-expansions python ob-ditaa ob-plantuml
zenburn-theme company server diff-hl log-view pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher engine-mode org-super-agenda ts ht s dash org-habit
org-agenda org-refile the-org-mode-expansions org-element avl-tree
generator org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-table oc-basic bibtex ol org-keys oc org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs expand-region text-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions
expand-region-core expand-region-custom avy notmuch notmuch-tree
notmuch-jump notmuch-hello notmuch-show notmuch-print notmuch-crypto
notmuch-mua notmuch-message notmuch-draft notmuch-maildir-fcc
notmuch-address notmuch-company notmuch-parser notmuch-wash diff-mode
coolj notmuch-query goto-addr icalendar diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs notmuch-tag crm notmuch-lib
notmuch-version notmuch-compat pcase hl-line message sendmail yank-media
rmc rfc822 mml mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader mm-view
mml-smime mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util smime
gnutls puny dig mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs tablist advice tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp
semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util
semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local find-func
cedet pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc imenu pdf-tools pdf-view bookmark
jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util pdf-macs image-mode dired
dired-loaddefs exif xcscope easy-mmode flymake-proc flymake project
compile text-property-search warnings thingatpt tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit files-x
tramp-compat shell pcomplete comint ansi-color parse-time iso8601
time-date ls-lisp format-spec winner ring desktop frameset ido icomplete
follow finder-inf rx info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl
tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice
simple cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite
emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face
macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1157095 607021)
 (symbols 48 43548 12)
 (strings 32 238872 112544)
 (string-bytes 1 8940653)
 (vectors 16 74646)
 (vector-slots 8 959727 357487)
 (floats 8 474 778)
 (intervals 56 70416 15362)
 (buffers 992 16))