Subject: 28.1; vhdl-update-sensitivity-list not working in Windows
From: Cyril Arnould <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 16:17:37 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

vhdl-update-sensitivity-list is not working anymore in Windows. I
have a very simple process:

  -- Flip Flops
  p_memzing : process (Clk_CI, Rst_RBI)
  begin
    if Rst_RBI = '0' then               -- asynchronous reset (active low)
      BlockCount_DP <= (others => '0');
      Length_DP     <= (others => '0');
    elsif Clk_CI'event and Clk_CI = '1' then  -- rising clock edge
      BlockCount_DP <= BlockCount_DN;
      Length_DP     <= Length_DN;
    end if;
  end process p_memzing;

If I execute vhdl-update-sensitivity-list-process, I get the error
message "Symbol’s value as variable is void: proc-end". If I execute
vhdl-update-sensitivity-list-buffer instead, I get no error message but
the sensitivity list is not updated properly, e.g. if I delete Clk_CI
from the sensitivity list, it is not added back.

This problem occurs in both natively-compiled VHDL mode as well as
byte-compiled VHDL mode. I have also deleted my .emacs configuration
file to reproduce the bug in a more vanilla environment. This was
working fine under Emacs 27.2.

In GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 52, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
of 2022-04-04 built on AVALON
Repository revision: 5a223c7f2ef4c31abbd46367b6ea83cd19d30aa7
Repository branch: heads/emacs-28.1
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19044
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19044.1586)

Configured using:
'configure --without-dbus --with-native-compilation
--without-compress-install CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
XPM ZLIB

(NATIVE_COMP present but libgccjit not available)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: DES
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: VHDL

Minor modes in effect:
  delete-selection-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cus-start cus-load delsel cua-base
time-date subr-x cl-loaddefs cl-lib vc-dispatcher vc-svn vhdl-mode
hippie-exp compile text-property-search comint ansi-color ring
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 93119 15570)
(symbols 48 10242 1)
(strings 32 31838 2138)
(string-bytes 1 976465)
(vectors 16 17355)
(vector-slots 8 268523 16886)
(floats 8 39 323)
(intervals 56 742 0)
(buffers 992 13))