Subject: Fringe / scroll-bar weirdness and redisplay troubles
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: Bug-Gnu-Emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 13:29:57 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

X-Debbugs-CC: [email-masked]

Some problems with fringe width, and also frame redisplay after moving
the scrollbars. This happens on Windows, with "GNU Emacs 23.1.91.1
(i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600) of 2010-01-24 on ODIEONE".

In the following captures, I've used

   emacs -Q --eval "(set-face-background 'fringe \"gray60\")"

to make the fringe more visible.

Problems:

 - Right at the start, the fringes aren't the same width (see
bug1.png). However, (window-fringes) => (8 8 nil)

 - After "Options / Show-Hide / Scroll-bar / On the Left", I see
bug2.png. The scroll bar has moved, and the fringes have switched
width.

 - Now, after "Options / Show-Hide / Scroll-bar / On the Right", I see
bug3.png. You can see the left side has not been properly drawn. In
fact, if I put the cursor somewhere in the buffer, Emacs redraws the
character that is really underneath (that's what causes the weird
"ownfbuf er" in the buffer's text).

Does this happens in non-Windows builds?

    Juanma