Subject: Re: bug#54220: [PATCH] doc: Add "Using TeX and LaTeX" chapter.
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Cc: zimoun <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2022 19:28:53 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>>> Why single out TeX in particular?
>>
>> You mean LaTeX, right?
>
> Heh, see: that shows how subjective it is :) No, I did mean TeX, because
> in my experience it is extremely uncommon to use TeX directly.

Ah!  I mentioned TeX because technically it’s the basis of everything.

> Nah, it’s fine.  By the time I wrote the last sentence you quoted above
> I had convinced myself that it’s fine to mention TeX (because it’s the
> foundation) and LaTeX (because it’s the most popular).

Alright.

I went ahead and pushed an updated version as
f0efa6afc5f180f778eb320631a71f42bf1b211f.  I kept the section title, but
explicitly mentioned ConTeXt and LuaTeX in the first paragraph.

This is a starting point anyway, so everyone please feel free to update
it as you see fit or when things change.

Thanks for the quick feedback!

Ludo’.