Subject: Re: bug#54072: [PATCH] [maintenance] roadmap: Update with items from the Guix Days.
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 10:20:16 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Julien,

Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Guix!
>
> Attached is a patch that updates the ROADMAP according to the
> discussions that happened during the Guix Days! We tried to keep the
> items actionnable, so there are more thoughts that we haven't
> transcribed to the roadmap. I'll send all these items we discussed
> during the last session a bit later, and we should turn them into a
> blog post!

Thanks for updating the list.  I've committed it to the maintenance
repo, but some thoughts for the future:

1. Is a TODO in the maintenance repo the right location to track
Guix-specific enhancements?  Since this kind of list is bound to differ
for each of us (based on our personal interests), I've been keeping this
kind of list for myself in my ~/org/guix.org file.  Perhaps having a
"enhancements" page on the LibrePlanet wiki along the page for packaging
requests could be used?

2. How do we decide which item makes it to the list?  Discussing roadmap
items on guix-devel would reach the largest audience I think.

Anyway, food for thought :-).

Thanks for the refreshed list.

Maxim