Subject: Re: bug#53793: 29.0.50; 'fullscreen' frame parameter on pgtk
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 17:38:14 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

(When replying to bug reports in the future, please use "Reply to All",
so that your messages can be recorded by the bug tracker.)

Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]> writes:

> Yes, the frame parameter is correctly reported now, thanks!

I'm closing this bug then, thanks.

> It also seems that `move-frame-functions' are not run as promised.  Or
> at least the following bit of configuration is still broken on pgtk but
> works fine on X.

If you're running Wayland, then it's a limitation of the Wayland
protocol, which has no global coordinate system.  GTK exposes it as
every Wayland window (surface) being placed at 0, 0.

>     (add-hook 'move-frame-functions
>               (lambda (frame) "Undecorate frame when maximized."
>                 (set-frame-parameter frame 'undecorated
>                  (eq 'maximized (frame-parameter frame 'fullscreen)))))