Subject: [PATCH staging 0/2] gnu: tbb: Fix build on AArch64; update to 2021.5.0.
From: Simon South <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 09:41:00 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

These patches

- Allow the tbb package to build on AArch64 by backporting an upstream commit
  that prevents one of the test cases from failing on that platform[0], and

- Update tbb itself to 2021.5.0.

On x86-64 the updated package and its 320 dependents build for me without any
new failures: only dealii-openmpi, python-dolfin-adjoint, python-vedo and
shogun fail, as they all do presently on the staging branch.

On AArch64 the updated package now builds fine and I'm in the (lengthy)
process of checking its dependencies, though an unrelated build failure in
ceres-solver and the lack of a Haskell compiler limit how far this will go
anyway.

[0] See https://github.com/oneapi-src/oneTBB/issues/687

--
Simon South
[email-masked]

Simon South (2):
  gnu: tbb: Fix test on AArch64.
  gnu: tbb: Update to 2021.5.0.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |  1 +
 .../patches/tbb-fix-test-on-aarch64.patch     | 35 +++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/tbb.scm                          |  8 +++--
 3 files changed, 42 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/tbb-fix-test-on-aarch64.patch

base-commit: 1a5302435ff0d2822b823f5a6fe01faa7a85c629
-- 
2.34.0