Subject: 29.0.50; Incorrect cursor-in-non-selected-windows on --with-pgtk
From: Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 07:22:40 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear maintainers,

In my current build of Emacs the cursor in non-selected windows does not
use the correct style of a hollow box, as described in the doc string of
cursor-in-non-selected-windows.

Instead, a line is drawn at the top of the box where the cursor was.
See attached screenshot: the cursor in the unselected window is at the
end of the statement "Its value is t".

To reproduce on emacs -Q just split the window.

My build information is further below.

All the best,
Protesilaos

* * *

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 4, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.31, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2022-01-31 built on kronos
Repository revision: cf9c40159a6bef5a23f7b23a45c03f0c6be57574
Repository branch: makepkg
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-sound=alsa --with-modules --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt
 --without-gconf --without-gsettings --with-native-compilation
 --with-xinput2 --with-pgtk --without-xaw3d --with-sound=no
 --without-gpm --without-compress-install
 '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

-- 
Protesilaos Stavrou
https://protesilaos.com